We believe there are many people who would like the opportunity to be a member of a club but are not prepared to make a long term financial commitment until they are sure that golf is the game for them.
The Academy Membership offers just such an opportunity. Applicants must be ‘new to golf’ and cannot be an existing member of a Golf Club. To qualify for Academy Membership applicants must have 2 lessons from the North Wilts Golf Club professional followed by 2 x 10 holes of golf with a member. They can then join the club, obtain a handicap and enter competitions. (Full details below).
Academy membership is available for one year only, after which, it is hoped that the Academy member will have enjoyed the golfing experience and join as a Full member.
What Academy Membership offers
- Access to the course WEEKDAYS any time.
- Access to the course WEEKENDS after 12.00 in the WINTER and after 4.00 in the SUMMER (from when the clocks change).
- Access to the course at weekends during restricted period at the guest green fee rate (currently £20)
Other Benefits include
- Unrestricted use of practice ground, practice nets and putting green
- Unrestricted use of clubhouse facilities
- Sign in guests at reduced rates (restrictions of your membership apply)
- Handicap assessment and administration
- Entry into competitions (subject to achieving a handicap and your membership restrictions)
- Access to members website
- Social events
- Members card – giving reduced bar prices
SUBSCRIPTION only £535.08 for the year (monthly DD available)
- No Voting rights
- Available for a One year membership only
Applicants will be required to
- Have 2 x lessons with the golf professional (special rates available) and 2x 10h rounds of golf with a member, which we will arrange (free)
- Be over 21 years old
- Attend the New Members introduction evening when invited to do so
- Not open to existing members
- Academy Membership does not confer club voting rights
- This Membership category may be withdrawn at any time without notice and at the sole discretion of the Management Committee of North Wilts Golf Club